Courthouses

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms

        Courthouses

          Equivalent terms

          Courthouses

            Associated terms

            Courthouses

              23 Archival description results for Courthouses

              23 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              cou-bha BHA.0020-072 · Item
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              Courtroom on the upper floor of the newly constructed Summit County Courthouse on Lincoln Avenue in Breckenridge, Colorado. A wood railing separates the judge and jury from the public space. Wooden chairs are arranged against the wall and in rows facing the judge's bench. In the background, the door to the judge's chambers (private office) is slightly open. Circa 1910.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0011-001-116-001 · Part · 1975 September
              Part of Town of Breckenridge Inventory of Historic District Structures, 1975-1980

              Handwritten on reverse: "Y & M [Yingling and Mickles], Block 1, Lot 4N, Building 185, ... [East] face". Far left is the brick house at 314 Lincoln Avenue, and a view of the Summit County Courthouse and Peak 8 in the background. On the right is the house at 103 North Harris Street.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0020-081 · Item
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              The cornerstone for the Summit County Courthouse in Breckenridge, Colorado was placed in full Masonic ceremony on July 31, 1909. Freemasons from Denver's Grand Lodge A.F. & A.M. came by train to join members of Breckenridge Lodge No. 47 for the dedication. A crowd of well-dressed men, women and children gather around the wood platform to watch the cornerstone, or first stone, be placed in the northeast corner of the foundation (still under construction). In the foreground is an automobile filled with more spectators. In the background is Father Dyer Methodist Church, built in 1880, on its original site on North French Street; the church was moved to its present site on Wellington Avenue in 1977.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0020-196 · Item · 1908-1909
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              Looking west on Lincoln Avenue from High Street in Breckenridge, Colorado. Circa 1909-1910, soon after the brick school building (left) was constructed in 1909 and before the 1882-built frame schoolhouse (center) was demolished. The Summit County Courthouse (right) is under construction on the corner of Lincoln Avenue and French Street; sharing the lot is Father Dyer United Methodist Church (far right), before it was moved to its present location on Wellington Road.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0020-074 · Item
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              View of the main entrance from inside the Summit County Courthouse on Lincoln Avenue in Breckenridge, Colorado. Radiators flank the top of the stairs leading from the vestibule entry. Draped across the ceiling from the globe light fixtures are star patterned ribbons. One ribbon is attached to the open transom window above a glass paneled interior door. Circa 1910.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0020-024 · Item
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              A group of men dressed in suits pose on the sandstone steps of the red brick Summit County Courthouse on Lincoln Avenue in Breckenridge, Colorado. The portico facing Lincoln Avenue is centered below a gabled pediment with the words "Summit County" in raised black letters. Circa 1910s-1920s.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0020-073 · Item
              Part of Summit Historical Society Photograph Collection

              Main floor hall in the newly constructed Summit County Courthouse on Lincoln Avenue in Breckenridge, Colorado. The entrance featured a golden oak staircase and hard pine floors. Draped across the ceiling and attached to the globe light fixture are star patterned ribbons that extend to the four corners of the foyer. Circa 1910.

              Unidentified
              cou-bha BHA.0011-001-068 · Item · 1975-1980
              Part of Town of Breckenridge Inventory of Historic District Structures, 1975-1980

              Quoted from the 1980 National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: "115. Summit County Courthouse. 200 [sic - should be 208] Lincoln. 1909, three stories, stretcher-bond brick, hip roof with pediment over entrance, cupola centers roof, boxed cornice with brackets, extended entrance with pilasters and first-story pediment centers through front facade, voussoirs with keystone on second-story windows."

              Unidentified