Name and location of repository
Level of description
Laying of the Cornerstone Ceremony for the Summit County Courthouse in Breckenridge on July 31, 1909
1 jpeg, 600 dpi
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The cornerstone for the Summit County Courthouse in Breckenridge, Colorado was placed in full Masonic ceremony on July 31, 1909. Freemasons from Denver's Grand Lodge A.F. & A.M. came by train to join members of Breckenridge Lodge No. 47 for the dedication. A crowd of well-dressed men, women and children gather around the wood platform to watch the cornerstone, or first stone, be placed in the northeast corner of the foundation (still under construction). In the foreground is an automobile filled with more spectators. In the background is Father Dyer Methodist Church, built in 1880, on its original site on North French Street; the church was moved to its present site on Wellington Avenue in 1977.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
This digital object has no restrictions and is free to use. All reproductions must include the appropriate credit: "Summit Historical Society Collection. Image created by Breckenridge History, Colorado."